Monday, July 11, 2011

Planning Ahead–It’s more than helpful

You don’t have to be a genius to know that planning ahead is beneficial. I knew this before but I guess I never realized it until now. Sunrise and sunset are the best times to do most outdoor photography. You knew that, right? If you’re serious about this stuff, that should have been instinct. Since Woodland Park is known for their awesome view of Pikes Peak, it’s obvious that you have to get at least one picture of the Peak before you leave. I planned on doing this and to do it at sunset. If there’s one thing that you should learn in this post, it should be that a sunset isn’t very impressive if you don’t have any clouds. So yes, I had to get on the computer and look at the forecast for that evening. Then I went to stake out the spot I wanted to shoot at before the sun was even starting to think about setting. With all of this preparation, I was able to get some impressive shots. Have a look for yourself.

IMG_2050-1IMG_2053-1IMG_2064-1

And Let me tell ya, if you’re going to take photos at sunrise/sunset, be there early and get set up even if it means you have to wait for the best shot. This moments of awesome light don’t last long.

 

Happy Shooting!

~Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment