Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Tip: Know the Sport You’re Shooting

Tip- Know youre sport

Before I started photography, I played soccer. I loved soccer and knew the game well. So when it came to shooting the game, I knew what was happening and what each person needed to do in order to make a goal. I knew where I needed to be at the right time. If you take pictures of your kids playing sports or take pictures of sports in general, then you want to know the game. That is over half of what you need to know when shooting sports. Shutter speed and ISO don’t matter if you aren’t even getting a decent shot.

No, you don’t need to know all of the tricks that go into a certain sport. It’s the basics that you need to know. So, if you’re shooting a baseball game next weekend, look up some articles online about shooting baseball. You should look up articles about the basics of baseball. No, not the history. There are books on this kind of stuff too. I am not going to point you to any websites because you all have different tastes on how to take pictures, so I don’t want you to feel like “That’s what Jacob said, so that’s how I have to do it" Learn the game, take pictures, and have fun!

~Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment